Daily Prompt: Do you hold grudges or do you believe in forgive and forget?
Forgiveness doesn’t always come easy. One might assign spite or towards another but in turn the giver is the burdened. Not because you let them know you hate them necessarily mean it matters to them. Forgiveness is energy conserved.
Hate, I’ve come to conclude, is fruitless passion. Still, it doesn’t makes forgiving any easier because the want to loathe, the need to hurt can be overpowering. Spite is an all consuming flame. It is much easier on the pride to act in such a manner but then pride is no promise of a lighter soul. Then ‘easy’ itself is no guarantee of happiness at the end of the day.
The above is on a much more extreme scale of things. Continue reading
If you could wake up tomorrow and be fluent in any language you don’t currently speak, which would it be? Why? What’s the first thing you do with your new linguistic skills?
Photographers, artists, poets: show us TONGUE.
– February 10th
This is a toughie. I eventually want to teach English as a foreign language so I had narrowed down a few but asking me now to pick one, hmmm. I think I’ll tie with French and Italian. I’m breaking the rules here, but everyone love a rebel, right?
If I magically become fluent in French I’d jump at the chance to explore the lesser known art exhibits, where I believe a few jems are tucked away. I love the breathy, lilting sound of French words, the faraway feelings the evoke withing me. It sounds pretty.
If I woke up speaking Italian like a native: restaurants. Seriously. I hear authentic Italian food are to die for. It’s like a bonus because while I stuff my face I’ll have a lovely view out of what ever window I’d look out of. Like French, Italian to me is very expressive and … seems more alive than most of the languages I can recall ever hearing.
Both languages are romantic and I find their respective countries rich in culture that I’d love to study and experience. Both shoots a thorough dose of fernweh (which is German, by the way) though me.
Today’s Daily prompt is “Which quirky habit annoys you the most, and what quirky habit do you love — In yourself or others“
Hmmm, I used to do these regularly once upon a time. Well my peeves aren’t that extensive:
- I am highly annoyed when I’m disturbed whilst reading, even if it’s a blinking receipt.
- I find it irritating when I have to begin from season one of a show when I find myself in the middle of the fifth one. If it really knocks me out then and there I’ll do what I must.
- When people put down books and shows/movies before they even give them a chance, especially when they feel it their responsibility to rant off to me.
- People picking their nose indiscreetly.
- Unbearably loud, stupid music.
- I lied, there’s probably lots more.
My habits are simple enough:
- I pace while I talking to myself to work out the effects of a high caffeine intake.
- I love socks, matching ones and odd pairs. I often have a pair in my purse next to an ever present book.
- I assign people into Hogwarts houses in my mind, depending on their personality. Continue reading